Event Start Date 12/4/2013Time: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Location: Hendrick Medical Center, Shelton Building, Auxiliary Conference CenterAddress: 2000 Pine StreetCity: AbileneState: TexasContact: Ann Floyd, RN, BSN, CPANPhone: 325.670-4304
Advancing Knowledge in EKG Recognition and Treatment
1. Describe the anatomy of the cardiac musculature, the conduction system, and the mechanical structures of the heart.
2. Demonstrate correct limb placement for EKG monitoring.
3. Identify the components of the cardiac cycle.
4. Describe a systematic approach to assessment of the EKG strip.
5. Identify lethal and non-lethal arrhythmias.
6. Discuss cardioversion energy selections and which dysrhythmia require cardioversion.
7. Discuss the mechanism of defibrillation and the rhythms that require defibrillation.
8. Describe 2010 ACLS pharmacologic guidelines and algorithms.
9. Discuss pharmacologic agents, dosages and routes of administration for medications used during cardiovascular emergencies.
10. Explain medications that control heart rate in the unstable patient.
Hendrick Medical Center will award 7.0 contact hours of continuing education credit for nurses attending this program in its entirety.
Hendrick Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Persons wishing to attend who are not Hendrick employees, please contact Ann Floyd at 325.670.4304 for pricing information.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.