Event Start Date 6/27/2013Time: 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.Location: Hendrick Medical Center, Shelton Building, Auxiliary Conference Center Room AAddress: 2000 Pine StreetCity: AbileneState: TexasContact: Dana Hardegree, RN, BSNPhone: 325.670.4330
Evidence-Based Practice for Care of Acute Stroke
1. Explain the cerebrovascular anatomy in relation to the focal neurologic symptoms presented by the patient.
2. Describe the major vessels in the brain and the areas of the brain that they perfuse.
3. Interpret clinical manifestations of common cerebrovascular accidents related to area of the brain affected.
4. Discuss the pathophysiological alterations associated with acute stroke.
5. Discuss clinical advances in stroke assessment, diagnosis, and treatment options for stroke.
6. Apply evidence-based guidelines for the care of acute stroke patients.
7. Practice key stroke assessments and interventions.
Hendrick Medical Center will award 4 contact hours of continuing education credit for nurses attending this activity in its entirety.
Hendrick Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Persons wishing to attend who are not Hendrick employees, please contact Dana Hardegree at 325.670.4330 for pricing information.