Volunteers are truly the heart of hospice. Abilene community volunteers founded and remain an essential part of our organization. They provide support and companionship to our patients and families in several ways.
- Support for caregivers
- Active listening
- Meal/food preparation
- Anticipatory grief support
- Spiritual support
Areas of Volunteering
- Direct patient care
- Hospice inpatient unit Club Courage and Camp Courage
- Clerical/administrative duties
- Volunteer chaplain
- Community outreach
- Memory bear/blanket program
- We Honor Veterans program
How to Become a Volunteer
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete application process
- Attend training
- Comply with yearly requirements
As a volunteer of Hendrick Hospice Care you can do anything. Hold a hand, drive a car, address envelopes, sing a song, send a card, feed a pet, bake a cake, give a hug, touch a heart, change a life - maybe your own.
If you are interested in knowing more about our Volunteer Program, please contact Sabra Knox at email@example.com or 325.677.8516.
Click here to download an application.
Please use the forms below to submit your volunteer activities.
Hendrick Hospice Care has been serving Abilene and the surrounding community since 1982. For more information, please call 325.677.8516 or 1.800.622.8516.