Our Speech therapy team focuses on providing comprehensive services to help children and adults with disorders or difficulties related to speech, language,voice, cognition and swallowing. Speech-Language Pathologists work closely with patients and family members to address goals and assist in recovery. Our experienced therapists work with the patient to help them live life to the fullest. We have therapists specializing in VitalStim® (pediatric and adult), NMES, Passey-Muir Valve, Voice Prosthesis placement, Signing Exact English and ASL, and PECS-picture exchange system.
- Aphasia Expressive/receptive language deficits
- Communication disorders related to cognitive deficits including:
- Problem Solving
- Executive Function
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing disorders(dysphagia)
- Speech disorders due to neurological insult, including stroke and head injury
- Alternative communication (AAC devices)
- Neurogenic speech disorders including Parkinsons disease, Multiple Sclerosis and ALS
What to expect: At the first visit, a patient undergoes an initial evaluation, and an individualized treatment program is designed, in conjunction with the physician’s prescription, to meet the patient’s specific rehabilitative needs. Under the supervision of the therapist, patient goals are established and treatment begins.
Our Philosophy: Our philosophy is to provide the highest quality therapy through personalized care and education. Our highly-trained staff treats every patient as if he or she is a family member or personal friend. We realize that, as a consumer, you have a choice about where you receive your rehabilitation care. We would be grateful for the opportunity to assist in your treatment and recovery.