Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Program Goals and
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Goal: Students will be clinically competent.
SLO: Students will demonstrate the ability to produce high quality radiographic images.
SLO: Students will demonstrate skill in patient assessment and interventional strategies.
SLO: Students will utilize radiation protection.
- Goal: Students will develop effective communication skills appropriate to the healthcare setting.
SLO: Students will demonstrate effective oral communication.
SLO: Students will demonstrate effective written communication.
- Goal: Students will use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
SLO: Students will adapt to changing needs of the patient and administer age-appropriate patient care.
SLO: Students will be able to perform non-routine radiographic procedures.
SLO: Students will be able to identify when corrective action is needed to improve image quality and implement the action required.
- Goal: Students will develop and grow professionally.
SLO: Students will demonstrate appropriate work ethics.
SLO: Students will recognize the value of life-long learning and pursue self-development of skills through continued learning opportunities and the understanding of professional development.
- Goal: The program will maintain quality improvement by evaluating program effectiveness through implementing changes or improvements in policies and procedures based on the results of the assessment process.
|School of Radiography
Hendrick Medical Center
1900 Pine Street
Abilene, TX 79601