Warning Signs of Stroke
It is very important to recognize the warning signs of stroke and to seek immediate medical attention.
Familiarize yourself with the following important warnings.
- Sudden weakness, numbness or paralysis of the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Loss of speech or trouble talking or understanding language
- Sudden loss of vision, particularly in only one eye
- Sudden, severe headache with no apparent cause
- Unexplained dizziness, loss of balance or coordination (especially if associated with any of the above symptoms)
If you or someone you know is having these signs, call 9-1-1 and seek medical help immediately. Treatment is available, but only if a stroke is recognized in time. Do not wait to see if the symptoms go away. Even if the symptoms pass quickly, they could be an important warning that requires prompt medical attention.